The CIPURSE Open Standard
The CIPURSE open security standard adresses the need for future-proof transit fare collection systems with a higher level of security than is currently in use. Fare collection solutions based on CIPURSE provide state-of-the-art technology and security for transit operations of the 21st century:
• Cost effective: Cost-effective guards against counterfeiting, cloning, eavesdropping, man-in-the-middle attacks, and other security risks threaten the integrity of transit fare collection systems.
• Built on proven standards: incorporates ISO 7816-4 and ISO/IEC 14443 for compatibillity with existing transport ticketing infrastuctures.
• Advanced security based on AES 128: CIPURSE's advanced security mechanisms include a unique cryptographic protocol that encourages fast and efficient implementations. The protocol provides robust, inherent protection against differential power analysis (DPA) and differential fault analysis (DFA) attacks.
• Consistent command set: A consistent command set and architecture supports multiple applications, ticket options and payment schemes with easy interoperability.
• Independent testing: Independent testing helps ensure interoperability between solutions and with legacy systems, as well as consistent application of the standard.
As an open standard, CIPURSE promotes vendor neutrality, cross-vendor system interoperability, and lower technology adoption risks - all of which result in lonwer operating costs and greater flexibility for transport system operators. CIPURSE is also the way to achive cross-device, cross-transit-system commonality and faster transition to the use of NFC devices. It is portable to memory, controller, and NFC platforms. The CIPURSE standard also offers a royalty structure in keeping with the spirit of open standards. Transport operators and other users of products will not have to pay additional fees.
Join the OSPT Alliance to profit from the CIPURSE Open Standard